Critical Care, Drug Information, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Medication Safety/Management
- 4 elective rotations may be selected from, but are not limited to, the following: Academia, Hematology/Oncology, Surgical Intensive Care, Bone Marrow Transplant, Solid Organ Transplant, Cardiovascular ICU, as well as off-site opportunities. Residents may also repeat any rotations in which they have a particular interest.
Formal case, guideline, disease state overview or journal club presentation to the clinical pharmacy staff.
- Organize the National Pharmacy Week activities for the hospital.
- Participate in recruitment for next year's pharmacy practice residents.
- Attend the following committee meetings: Medication Usage and Formulary Evaluation, Medication Outcomes Management, and Pharmacy and Therapeutics
- Develop or revise a Policy and Procedure
- Every third weekend with additional responsibilities as part of clinical specialist on-call program during the second half of the year.
- Residents must work two holidays.
- Each resident is expected to plan, design, and complete a major project with the guidance of a preceptor; results are presented at the Alcalde Southwest Leadership Conference and/or the Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference.
- Each resident is required to complete one additional smaller project, which often is a Medication Use Evaluation.
Meetings/Conferences Attended: ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Alcalde Southwest Leadership Conference, TSHP Annual Meeting, Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference