The Methodist Hospital System is committed to offering employees a comprehensive benefit program. Employees may choose from a variety of plans including:
- Medical Plan (choose one of two plans)
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Plan (choose one of two plans)
- Vision Coverage
- Basic Life Insurance (paid by Methodist)
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (paid by Methodist)
- Optional Life Insurance (employee and/or dependent)
- Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (employee and/or dependent)
- Short Term Disability (paid by Methodist)
- Long Term Disability (paid by Methodist)
- Workers’ Compensation (paid by Methodist)
Retirement Saving Plans
- 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity with employer matching
- Defined Contribution Plan – Methodist makes contribution
- Savings Bond
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Care
- Dependent Care
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employees earn PTO accruals biweekly beginning your date of hire, which may be taken as accrued
- PTO sell program occurs twice a year
- In addition to PTO, Methodist observes eight paid holidays per year
Transportation options vary depending upon the Methodist location. Generally Methodist will subsidize one of the following modes of transportation:
- Metro options include, Rail Pass, Local Bus Pass and Park-n-Ride Pass
- Van Pools (VPSI)
- Tuition Reimbursement - Methodist will reimburse employees for undergraduate, graduate and doctoral level education courses that are job related.
- Educational Assistance Program – Additional financial assistance for qualified benefits eligible employees with two years continuous employment in good standing with Methodist for certain certifications/degrees.
- College Scholarship for Children – Scholarships for children of employees who are enrolled in approved programs leading to a degree in health care (requires 2 years full-time employment at Methodist).
Employee Assistance Program
- All employees and dependents have access to resources to help with everyday challenges of work and life.
- Employees may participate in a variety of wellness programs that promote a healthier lifestyle
- Employees may participate in a plan that provides assistance with legal matters
Adoption Assistance Plan
- Employees who adopt children are provided financial assistance.
Employees who are classified as regular part-time or regular full-time are eligible for coverage in our benefits program if scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. There are differences in benefits coverage between part-time and full-time employees.
New employees who meet the eligibility criteria are eligible for benefits coverage from the first day of employment, unless otherwise specified above.