What is quality?
For The Methodist Hospital System, quality means ensuring a safe patient care environment, in which we provide clinical excellence with integrity and compassion.
We achieve this by providing:
- Highly trained doctors who practice evidence based-medicine
- Our staff members use clinical practice guidelines and protocols whenever appropriate to provide the best care
- A quality-focused, state-of-the art teaching environment
- First-rate patient experience that aims to exceed patient expectations
- Ongoing research into the most effective patient care
- A large percentage of our doctors are Board Certified in their specialties
How is The Methodist Hospital System focused on quality and safety?
The Methodist Hospital System takes a system-wide approach to quality improvement and patient safety activities. Our systems, processes and health outcomes are continuously measured, assessed, and improved.
The Methodist Hospital System always strives to provide the highest quality of care by:
- Improving performance of hospital-wide systems and clinical processes
- Improving clinical outcomes
- Preventing and reducing the risk of medical errors