What to expect
It is our goal to deliver excellent patient care and involve your family in your care as well. Your admission and type of medical care are arranged by your physician. Upon admission to your room, you will be oriented regarding what to expect during your stay. A complete admission history and assessment will be completed by our nursing team. At that time, your plan of care and expected length of stay will be discussed. Daily, your nurse will review the plan of care with you as well as your goals for that day.
During your stay
Your room is equipped with many accommodations to help make you and your family’s stay comfortable and relaxing. Each room has a TV, bedside telephone, wireless internet and pull-out furniture so that guests may stay with you during the night. Each room also has a full bathroom and stand-up shower.
- Closed captioning for your television is available upon request.
- If you are unable to leave valuables at home, each patient room is equipped with a combination safe for you to store valuables.
Patient meals are available and are provided by room service. Menus are available and orders may be placed by dialing 2-1200 from the patient phone.
Guest meals are available in the Live Oaks Café on the first floor of the hospital, or can be ordered off a menu provided by the nurse. There are also multiple vending machine locations throughout the hospital.
We have a 24-hour visitation policy. Between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., please enter through the Emergency Department entrance. Patients may designate who is and who is not allowed to visit while in the hospital. Families and loved ones who may be staying with you after you are discharged are encouraged to visit and learn how to help take care of you once you’re home.
- Visitors should ask the nurse’s permission before bringing food or drink to patients.
- Visitors should not visit if they have colds or any infectious disease. A ‘NO VISITORS’ sign may be posted on your door upon request.
- Visitors are encouraged to wash their hands when they enter patient rooms. Alcohol-based cleaners are available throughout the hospital to clean your hands.
The hospital chaplain is available to all patients and their families. You may request a visit from the chaplain by notifying your nurse or contacting 2-0010 from the bedside phone. For more information on spiritual care, click here.