Know where we are
Did you know?
The Methodist Emergency Care Center is an emergency room that brings to Houston’s Upper Kirby neighborhood the same high-quality care for which The Methodist Hospital is known.
- Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Treat patients of all ages.
- Co-pay: Hospital emergency room co-pay applies.
- Board-certified emergency medicine physicians/nurses.
- Treat all patients, regardless of ability to pay.
- Accepts Medicare and Medicaid patients.
- Full scope of emergency medical services.
The ER houses 10 exam rooms, full digital radiography suite, low radiation dose 64-slice CT scanner, ultrasound and a full on-site stat chemistry lab. Located conveniently on the south side of Highway 59 just west of Kirby, the Methodist Emergency Care Center provides free parking and fast service. For family and friends waiting in the lobby, there are puzzles, coloring books, sticker books and story books for children, as well as computers, free Wi-Fi internet access and flat screen TVs. Each patient room also has a flat screen TV. For conditions requiring hospital admissions or further evaluation, staff will facilitate transfers to The Methodist Hospital or a facility with the appropriate level of care.
Whether you or a loved one has a minor emergency or a life-threatening situation, the Methodist staff at this 24-hour emergency room is dedicated to caring for all our patients.
The Methodist Emergency Care Center is a department of The Methodist Hospital.