Mario Dulay, Ph.D.
The Methodist Hospital
Assistant Professor of Neuropsychology in Neurological Surgery
Weill Cornell Medical College
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychology
University of Houston
6560 Fannin St., Scurlock Tower, Suite 944
Houston, TX 77030
Dr. Mario Dulay Jr. conducts neuropsychological assessments on adults with stroke, tumor, epilepsy, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, psychiatric disorders and movement disorders. In association with the Methodist Concussion Center, Dr. Dulay also provides evaluation of patients of all ages who have experienced sports-related or other types of concussive injuries.
Working with neurosurgeons, he conducts pre- and post-surgical evaluations, provides cognitive rehabilitation treatments and determines disability levels and long-term prognoses. Dulay’s research involves using neuropsychological, neurophysiological, neuroimaging and sensory psychophysical methods to understand brain disease, and improve neuro-rehabilitation and neuropsychotherapy methods. His research findings have been published in Neurology, Journal of Neurosurgery and The Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences.
Dulay earned his Ph.D. in clinical psychology from the University of Cincinnati and completed an internship at Baylor College of Medicine’s Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences in Houston. He served a neuropsychology fellowship at the Institute for Rehabilitation and Research Hospital in Houston, followed by a second fellowship within Baylor’s Department of Neurosurgery.
He practices at The Methodist Hospital.
- Dulay MF, Busch RM. Prediction of neuropsychological outcome after surgical resection of temporal and extra-temporal seizure foci. Neurosurgical Focus 2012 March;32(3):1–5.
- Dulay MF, Levin HS, York MK, Li X, Mizrahi EM, Goldsmith IL, Verma A, Goldman A, Grossman RG, Yoshor D. Changes in individual and group spatial and verbal learning characteristics after anterior temporal lobectomy. Epilepsia 2009 Jun;50(6):1385–95.
- Dulay MF, Levin HS, York MK, Mizrahi EM, Verma A, Goldsmith IL, Grossman RG, Yoshor D. Predictors of individual visual memory decline after unilateral anterior temporal lobe resection. Neurology 2009 May 26;72(21):1837–42.
- Dulay MF, Murphey DK, Sun P, David YB, Beauchamp MS, Maunsell JHR, Yoshor D. Computer-controlled electrical stimulation for quantitative mapping of human cortical function. J Neurosurg 2009 Jun;110(6):1300–3.
- Dulay MF, Strutt AM, Levin HS, Jankovic J, Lai EC, Grossman RG, York MK. Depressed mood and memory impairment before and after unilateral posteroventral pallidotomy in Parkinson’s disease. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 2008;20:357–63.
- Schefft BK, Dulay MF, Fargo JD. The use of self-generation memory encoding strategies to improve recognition and recall in patients with traumatic brain injury. Applied Neuropsychology 2008; 15(1), 61–68.
- Dulay MF, Boake C, McCauley SR, Brown SA, Goodman HS, Merritt SG, Levin HS. Depression and cognitive test performance 3 months after mild traumatic brain injury (abstract). Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society 2007; 13(Supplement 1), 75-76.
- Geisler MW, Schlotfeldt CR, Middleton CR, Dulay MF, Murphy C. Traumatic brain injury assessed with olfactory event-related brain potentials. Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology 1999;16(1), 77–86.