Clinical Service Chief
The Methodist Hospital understands that mature patients have unique needs when it comes to their health care. Our Geriatrics Division is a multidisciplinary group of experts providing personalized services, as well as comprehensive care and education regarding age-related conditions for older patients in every department of the hospital.
Loss of physical, mental or emotional independence can be a devastating consequence of hospitalization for a patient and his or her family. At Methodist, our specialists address all of these issues with the compassion and respect older patients deserve. Rather than just treat the condition, we treat the whole person and their loved ones, connecting them to family counseling and community services as needed.
Our division provides a broad spectrum of in-hospital services for mature patients, including but not limited to:
- In-hospital consultation
- Comprehensive geriatric assessments (including medical history; cognitive, emotional and social health; medications; and level of independent functioning for outpatients)
- Care provided in Methodist's Skilled Nursing Facility
- Care for patients with multiple medical conditions
- End-of-life care
- Family/caregiver counseling
- Nursing home and assisted living information
- Home visits after discharge
- Connection to community resources
Methodist's affiliation with Baylor College of Medicine's Geriatric Medicine Associates (GMA) allows us to provide top-quality care and clinical services to our patients; instruct and inform the next generation of physicians, pharmacists, nurses and others; and has helped us attain our ranking as one of the nation's best hospitals for geriatric care from U.S. News & World Report.