Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has received much recognition for excellence in patient care, technological innovations, medical advancements and community involvement. Some recent achievements include:
Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been recognized for outstanding performance in achieving 100 percent compliance in all of its 26 core measures for third quarter, 2011. Core measures are national standards that compare the quality of care that hospitals give patients.
- Best of 2012 as voted by Fort Bend and Sugar Land Sun Newspaper
- Best Hospital
- Best Emergency Room
- Best Holistic Healing Center
- Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been named a Silver Award winner in the 2012 Texas Health Care Quality Improvement Awards, which recognizes hospitals for demonstrating excellence in achieving national quality measures.
- Since 2006, The Methodist Hospital System has been ranked among FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," remaining the only health care organization ranked in Texas.
- Best Metro - Area Hospital by U.S. News & World Report
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Stroke Certifications:
- Primary Stroke Center Certification by the Joint Commission
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With the Guidelines – Stroke Silver Plus Performance Achievement Award
- Pathway to Excellence Designation – Methodist Sugar Land Hospital's commitment to nurse satisfaction, excellent bedside care and patient safety, an award given annually by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- The Back Pain Recognition Program – Methodist Sugar Land Hospital's Spine Center has been recognized for its delivery of superior low back care by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), making it the first back pain center in the state to receive the honor.
- Accreditation with Commendation from The Joint Commission, the national accrediting organization for hospitals. This achievement places Methodist Sugar Land Hospital in the top 15 percent of all hospitals in the United States reviewed by The Joint Commission.
- Advance Nursing Magazine- Best Places to Work Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been selected "top hospital" in ADVANCE for Nurses news magazine's second annual Readers' Choice survey for the Metro areas of Texas and Louisiana for the second straight year.
In addition to these achievements, Methodist Sugar Land Hospital meets all local, state and federal ordinances and requirements and is fully licensed as an acute care hospital.