Physicians and patients have access to some of the most innovative technology and techniques in surgery today, such as:
- da Vinci® S Surgical System, a robotic surgical tool that enables surgery with less pain and scarring, diminished blood loss, a shorter hospital stay and reduced recovery period for a quicker return to daily activities.
- Active electrode monitoring (AEM) instrumentation, an advanced monitoring system that shields patients from electrosurgical burns. Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was the first to bring this type of technology to Fort Bend County and set the standard.
- StealthStation® neuronavigation allows surgeons to visualize the patient’s anatomy in 3D prior to and during cranial surgery. It also allows the surgeon to see the exact location of their surgical instrumentation.
- Faxitron X-Ray allows for biopsy x-rays to be done in the operating room and sent electronically to radiology, decreasing the time it takes to get the specimen read by a radiologist.
- Breast surgery with immediate reconstruction.