Call 713-635-4000 with the addresses of your location and your destination, and METRO personnel can tell you where and when to meet the correct bus. Stops are conveniently located at the Bertner entrance to the Main Building and on Fannin by the Neurosensory Center.
The Methodist Hospital's address is:
6565 Fannin St.
Houston, TX 77030
Visit METRO's Web site for more information.
Methodist offers short-term parking in the Smith and Scurlock towers, located directly across Fannin Street from the hospital. Both have entrances on Main and Fannin streets as well as covered crosswalks leading into the hospital. The Texas Medical Center operates four parking facilities that are convenient for visitors to The Methodist Hospital (see
- Texas Medical Center Garage 1: Covered parking, immediately south of the hospital, with a covered crosswalk to the Dunn Tower Lobby. Enter from Fannin Street.
- Texas Medical Center Garage 7: Covered parking, immediately east of the Neurosensory Center, with a covered crosswalk connected to the center. Enter from John Freeman Boulevard, just north of the hospital.
- Neurosensory Center (limited underground parking): This parking area is available for outpatients and visitors in Methodist's Neurosensory Center. Enter from John Freeman Boulevard, just north of the hospital.
- Methodist Outpatient Center, Smith and Scurlock Towers: These buildings are located directly across Fannin Street from the main Hospital. They have covered crosswalks to the Hospital, and have entrances from Fannin and Main. Smith and Scurlock garages also offer a reduced rate of $5 for visitors entering the garages after 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and exiting by 5 a.m the following morning. Self-park office hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Contact phone numbers: Outpatient Center Garage: 713-441-6180; Scurlock Garage: 713-441-4499; and Smith Garage: 713-441-6180. Download a brochure for these building garages.
The weekend rates are as follows:
- 0-30 minutes - $2
- 31-60 minutes - $3
- 61-90 minutes - $4
- 91-120 minutes - $5
- Methodist Outpatient Center: Covered parking within the center, accessible to Smith Tower by covered crosswalk. Enter from Fannin Street at John Freeman Boulevard, just north of the hospital, or from Main Street.
- Remote Long-Term Parking: Available Monday through Friday, the South Extension lot, 1522 Braeswood, offers the least-expensive rate on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Visitors who park there ride a free Metro shuttle bus to and from the hospital. Visitors may also purchase parking contracts from Texas Medical Center Garages that will allow them unlimited in/out privileges. The contracts come in 5-day, 7-day, and 30-day. To make necessary arrangements and receive pricing information, please contact TMC parking services Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Saturday – Sunday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at 713-791-6161.
For your convenience, The Methodist Hospital offers valet parking to patients and visitors. Valet office hours are 5:30 a.m. - 9 p.m. Monday through Friday (713-441-9960). After 9 p.m., please call Fannin valet at 713-441-0175 to retrieve your vehicle.
- Dunn Tower, Fannin Street Entrance: seven days a week, 7 a.m. – 9 p.m., 713-394-6842
- Scurlock Tower, Fannin Street Entrance: Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., 713-790-0010
- Smith Tower, University Street Entrance: Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., 713-793-1178
- Emergency Room: 24-hours a day, 713-790-2245.
- Methodist Outpatient Center: 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Valet can be accessed by entering from Main St. going north or from Fannin Street going south. The cross street is John Freeman Blvd.