With a commitment to high quality and cost-effectiveness provided in a spiritual environment of caring with recognition of community need as a part of the The Methodist Hospital Corporation.
Since opening in April 1948, San Jacinto Methodist Hospital has paved a pathway of progress to provide capable, quality medical care. The hospital's origin goes back to 1944 when Humble Oil and Refining Company contributed $500,000 for the construction of a hospital in Baytown.
Confirming the need for a first-class community health care facility, local businesses, organizations and individuals supplemented Humble's gift with $1.2 million. In 1948, the non-profit hospital opened its doors.
In 1950, it was the first hospital in Harris County, outside of Houston, to be honored with full accreditation by the Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Since then, Baytown has grown and so has San Jacinto Methodist Hospital.
Milestones for the hospital include: In 1963, San Jacinto Methodist Hospital was deeded to the Texas Conference of the UnitedMethodist Church and its' named changed to San Jacinto Methodist Hospital. Its affiliation with the Methodist Church and in 1978, San Jacinto marked its 30th anniversary and expanded to 331 beds. The University of Texas Medical School became affiliated with the hospital in 1981. In 1983, San Jacinto Methodist Hospital became affiliated with The Methodist Hospital in the Houston Medical Center. Through this arrangement, San Jacinto is able to provide residents of Baytown and the surrounding area with access to specialized tertiary care services.
In 1987, San Jacinto's Board of Directors made the decision to construct a new major health care facility, enhancing and expanding the range of services available to residents of East Harris County, and the surrounding counties of Chambers, Liberty and Montgomery.